Everybody knows that drinking water is not only essential to life itself, but also for beauty and even overall happiness. Let’s repeat that one, there are tons beauty benefits of water. However, it’s easy to forget the seemingly mundane task of rehydrating when all you have to look forward to is a room temperature plastic bottle of Arrowhead water. Though you could be restocking your water supply with nothing but the best and purest Artisan waters imported from the luxurious country of New Zealand, that doesn’t always mean you’re drinking the perfect amount to maintain your perfect self…because let’s be honest, with or without water, you’re still the best. Yet, without liquids, you would also fail to exist. SO here’s the truth of how much you should be consuming each day:

According to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy, they recommend 9 cups for women (about 7 from beverages) and 13 cups for men (about 10.5 cups from beverages).

Since only about 20% of your water intake comes from the foods you eat, you must remember to drink the other 80%. This is crucial to making sure you get your necessary daily amount of liquids so you don’t get dehydrated.

*Research Tip: Drinking more water throughout the day helps you avoid bad breath, dry mouth, and dry skin.

If you are exercising more be sure to account for the amount of fluid that is lost each time you break a sweat. It is advised to drink 2 to 3 cups of water before partaking in strenuous work. Remain hydrated during the active period by continuing to drink the water every 15 minutes.

Whether you’re working out or just going about your day, there’s no reason to be holding onto a plastic bottle. Sip your H2O in style with these cool new bottles below:

S’well Teakwood Water Bottle 

Swell-bottole-in

(Yes, this does fit an entire bottle of wine or champs, whichever you prefer!)

BKR Bambi Bottle

BKR-

Kate Spade Gold Glitter Bottle

kate-spade-water

*Alexis D. Rodriguezb

*All images from approved social or stock accounts.

Like this article?

Sign up to receive more like it.